Pitches: Walking football is practised on grass, synthetic or sports hall. The dimensions approach those of a Handball court.
The: Here is the example of a proposed regulation for the organisation of a tournament: (there are variants locally, the final rules have not yet been fixed)
Rules for recent BWFA / ABFM tournaments .
The tournament is open for teams of players 50 years and older. The teams will consist of 6 players in the field and 3 substitutes.
- Players must not wear jewellery (bracelet, necklace, watches, rings, …).
- Shin guards are recommended but are a free choice of the player.
- The goalkeeper must have a separate jersey from other players on their team.
- A size 5 or 4 ball approved by UEFA will be provided for each match.
3. Behavior in the field:
- There is no running at any time.
- One foot must always be in contact with the ground.
- Side or back tackle and jumps are not allowed to maintain a minimum of contact.
- Shots on goal can only be made from the opposing half.
- The ball must not be played above head height.
- Penalty shots are made with just one step.
4. Rules to
respect on the ground.
- The duration of a match is 20 minutes (10 minutes per half, break of 2 minutes and change of side)
- Outfield players cannot enter the goalkeeper’s penalty area and the goalkeeper cannot leave the penalty area. If a defender enters the area, the referee awards a penalty to the opposing team.
- A team can change up to 3 players per match. These changes can be made during a stoppage or ball out of play.
- There is no offside.
- Free kicks will always be indirect.
- If the free kick is too close to the penalty area (less than 2 metres), a 2-metre drop will be made to allow the opposing team to defend.
- Passes back to the goalkeeper are allowed. The ball can be relaunched with the foot or the hand. (variant: not allowed)
synthetic with walls without touchline:
- The maximum height of the ball is head height or the height of the crossbar. (Eg: If a shot on goal is higher than the crossbar across the width of the field at the goal level, the ball will be returned to the opponent at the shooting location.
- Players can use ricochet sidewalls to play. There will be no corner even if the goalkeeper deflects a shot from his goal. The ball will be returned to restart play with the foot or hand.
- Players cannot touch or lean on the walls to protect the ball.
with sideline (room or lawn):
- The maximum height of the ball is head height. (variant: torso)
- If the ball leaves the playing area, play is restarted by kick-in, goal kick (or throw) or corner as appropriate.
- Free kicks (always indirect).
- Ball over head height (variant: torso)
- Running (both feet off the ground).
- The referee will be able to exclude a player for 2 minutes for persistent foul play.
- The referee has 3 cards:
- blue: 2 minutes exclusion from the field
- yellow: warning (2 yellows = exclusion)
- red: exclusion from the match.
Share with friends